27 January 2009

The blog is dead, God save the blog.

This blog served it's purpose--multiple purposes, actually. They have been:
  • Glimpse into one (more) foreigner's analysis of how things work in Tokyo
  • Sharing zany Japan stuff (ala http://www.engrish.com/)
  • Chance to share my life with friends/loved ones
  • Outlet for observations & the incessant analysis filling my brain 24/7
  • Documentation & info for expats doing an internet search
But I moved! [[How to move from Tokyo 101: The problem is getting rid of used items, which are generally NOT wanted in Tokyo. Stage 1) 2 mo. previous give/offloading stuff accumulated in 2 years to friends. Stage 2) sell remaining stuff & electronics via craigslist <== worked surprisingly well for me; price to move and it'll be GONE. Stage 3) mailed a LOT to avoid baggage fees, books, clothes, gifts, etc.]]

So I'm not in Tokyo any more. .. When I left, my friends joked "OK, so when will you be back?" I have no plans to be back. Not against it, but it depends on the job I manage to find. Wish me luck!

Thanks for checking in, and for the support over the years. If the time is right for me to start blogging again, post up here, and I'll post a link to the new blog at some point. Best wishes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If one goes back through the archives of Lance's blog, it is a wonderful journey he has shared with us. No other family member has offered us such a detailed insight to their daily life. Lance, you are an excellent writer, and I suggest you blend these gifted skills together with your love for chemistry, interest in Japan, and write a book! Daddio